Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Holiday Let:
Bookings are priced from Saturday (16.00) to Saturday (10.00).
However, if you would prefer to arrive and depart on a different day, please telephone, 01642 534500, or email, for availability. Price will usually be the same as the corresponding Saturday to Saturday price, except during peak season.
Short breaks are available, please ask, telephone 01642 534500, or email.
Two stage payment (except for bookings made within four weeks of date of arrival when full amount must be paid at booking):
- Booking deposit: £50
- Balance of price of holiday let payable no later than 28 days ahead of date of arrival. If not paid by this time then this may be deemed as cancellation.
Please note we are open for Christmas and New Year, with the bookings from a day of choice to a day of choice. Our availability calendar is speculative only.
Cranesbill Cottage sleeps four; sorry we cannot cater for more. Welcome to bring your own cot.
Please advise us of the number in your party including how many adults/children.
A car parking space for one vehicle only.
No smoking is permitted within the cottage.
Pet is allowed, pets allowed by arrangement.
Bed linen included.
Please bring own towels, tea towels etc.
Heating is provided by night storage heaters, electric wall mounted panel heaters in bedrooms and feature electric flame effect stove in lounge. Off peak water heating with daytime boost facility, control in cylinder cupboard in twin bedroom.
- Cost of electricity included. At current electricity prices this included cost varies from £20-£50 per week, summer / winter.
- Cancellation by owner, due to circumstances beyond owner’s control, e.g. cottage becomes temporarily uninhabitable will result in a full refund of price paid for holiday let. The owner accepts no liability beyond the price paid for holiday let.
- Cancellation, by you, ahead of four weeks before your holiday start date will result in forfeiture of deposit.
- Cancellation, by you, within four weeks before your holiday let start date will result in forfeiture of full cost of holiday let.
- Insuring yourself against cancellation may be prudent.
- All cancellation notice, by owner or visitor, to be initially by telephone followed by email and / or letter via Royal Mail.
In order to prepare Cranesbill Cottage to the highest standards for yourselves and future visitors, we ask that you arrive no sooner than 16.00 on the first day of your holiday, and vacate the cottage by 10.00 on your day of departure. Please inform us of any delay of more than one day in your arrival, we don’t wish to jump to the wrong conclusion.
We appreciate visitors who leave the cottage in a clean and tidy condition.
Cleaning & laundry costs are included. Current cost to owner £30, however, this can be exceeded after exceptional circumstances, which we request is recognised by you when preparing your departure.
Please advise us of any breakages, shortages or faulty equipment etc. so we can rectify them for the next visitors.
Please avoid putting hot utensils and crockery directly onto pine surfaces. Suitable table mats are provided.
The cost of visitor actions; negligence, carelessness and mistreatment is excluded from the price of the holiday let. Insuring yourself against such may be prudent.
Owner has insurance indemnity for anything for which the owner may be held in negligence.
Instructions on how appliances and equipment work are provided at the cottage.
Detailed directions to Cranesbill Cottage will be supplied on confirmation of your booking.
We request you telephone, 01642 534500, or email, during the week before your arrival to confirm key box code, which you need to obtain door key. Key box is situated adjacent to entrance door.
Please place rubbish in bin provided in car park. Eden DC provides blue bin bags. Collection Monday, 06.00.
On arrival check that hot water is available, if not, turn water heating to on (timed) position (off peak immersion heater), control in cylinder cupboard in twin bedroom, and press boost button (daytime immersion heater).
On departure, switch off all taps, water heating, and electrical appliances. During November to March please leave water heating switched on and leave night store heaters in kitchen, hall and landing switched on with input/output controls set at 2/2. This is for frost protection.
Please respect our neighbours, Eddy House, Fellside View, Meadowsweet and Stonecrop.
We hope you enjoy your stay in our cottage in this beautiful and peaceful part of the world.